Assistant Clinical Professor & Family Nurse PractitionerAuburn University School of Nursing
Auburn University School of Nursing
Assistant/Associate Professor, Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor, Family Nurse Practitioner.
The School of Nursing (SON) at Auburn University, located in Auburn, Alabama, invites Family Nurse Practitioners (FNPs) to join a fast growing Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program (PCNP).
We have openings for two full-time 12-month, tenure or clinical track position to begin immediately.
Major area of teaching will be in the MSN Program/PCNP track. SON need could necessitate some teaching in the BSN and/or DNP programs, depending on qualifications.
Auburn University is one of the nation's premier land, sea, and space grant institutions. In 2018, it was ranked 46th among public universities by U.S. news and world report. Auburn is an institution that is both highly research-active and committed to maintaining teaching excellence, offering Bachelor's, Master's, Educational Specialist, and Doctoral degrees.
- Tenure-Track Requires an earned doctorate (Ph.D) in a relevant discipline and a Master's degree in Nursing with evidence of scholarly productivity.
- Must have current Family Nurse Practitioner certification and current clinical skills, be eligible for an Alabama RN License or have an unencumbered Alabama RN license.
- Must be in or able to establish a collaborative practice in a primary care or family practice setting Clinical Track - Requires a doctorate in a relevant discipline and a Master's degree in Nursing, current Family Nurse Practitioner certification and current clinical skills, and eligibility for, or possession of an unencumbered Alabama RN license.
- Must be in or able to establish a collaborative practice in a primary care or family practice setting All candidates must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time of the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of the employment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
Desired Qualifications: 3-5 years of NP practice in a primary care or family practice setting and current graduate teaching experience in an accredited family or primary care nurse practitioner program is preferred.
Review of applicants will begin July 15, 2018 and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Auburn University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/ Disability employer.