Water Safety InstructorsBoys & Girls Club of the Chattahoochee Valley
BGCCV Needs 2 Water Safety Instructors!!
Water Safety Instructor for Summer 2018 SUMMER: May 29th –July 27th (Full-Time Seasonal Position) 8:15-5:15
Enforces rules and regulations and maintain discipline at club swimming pool; rescues swimmers in distress; administers first aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation; instructs or assists in instructing classes in diving, swimming, basic water safety, emergency water safety, and water sports; assists with general maintenance and cleanup activities, including the operation and maintenance of filters and chlorinators; conducts test to determine chlorine and acid levels and checks equipment; officiates at swim and dive meets.
- Plan and assist Aquatics Director and Staff with organizing the swimming program
- Organizing and conducting intramural and Club swimming competition
- Help supervise the maintenance of the chemical and physical condition of the pool water and area, in addition to checking the temperature and ventilation.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Provide guidance and role modeling to all Club Members.
- Stay in the pool at all times when classes and/or Club Members are in aquatic area(s), and must perform proper lifeguard rescue skills and techniques when appropriate.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Promote great leadership skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Lifeguard Certified
- AED Certified
- Background Check + Drug Screen
- Experience in working with children / teens
- Knowledge of youth development.
Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.