CashierBP Pierce Crossing
Cashier - All shifts, background check required.
Cashier Job Description (General duties, not specific to this job posting): A Cashier's primary role is to assist customers in the in-store check-out process. Main duties include ringing up sales, bagging items, requesting price checks, honoring coupons, collecting payment and giving appropriate change. Responsible for counting the contents of cash register drawer at the end of each shift, maintaining receipts, records and withdrawals. May be responsible for checking materials and supplies and reporting when stock is low. May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Works under immediate supervision of supervisor or manager and must rely on instructions. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Abides by pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and revenue growth objectives.
· Handle cash, credit or check transactions with customers.
· Scan goods and collect payments.
· Ensure pricing is correct.
· Issue change, receipts, refunds, or tickets.
· Redeem stamps and coupons.
· Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
· Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones.
· Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
· Bag items carefully.
· Greet customers when entering or leaving establishment.
· Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas.
· Keep reports of transactions.
· Process returns and check to see if items are damaged.
· Answer customers' questions and get a manager if answer doesn't solve the issue.
· Bag, box or wrap packages.
· Pleasantly deal with customers to ensure satisfaction.
Cashier Top Skills & Proficiencies:
· Basic Math
· Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication
· Time Management
· Product Knowledge
· Telephone Etiquette
· Customer Service
· Dispute resolution
· Basic (PC) Computer Knowledge
· Attention to Detail
· Point of Sale Systems (POS)
· Positive Attitude