Associate Director for Recruitment & Strategic Initiatives
Associate Director for Recruitment & Strategic Initiatives
The Associate Director of Recruitment and Strategic Initiatives is primarily responsible for project management and coordinating resources to ensure the delivery of multichannel state-of-the-art strategic communications campaigns to prospective first-year and transfer students, parents/families, counselors, teachers and alumni that are brand compliant and drive behaviors that lead to the achievement of enrollment and retention goals and position Enrollment Management at Case Western Reserve University as THE preeminent enrollment operation amongst the top 40 national universities and top 40 national liberal arts colleges in the minds of all constituencies. These multichannel campaigns are multi-year, high volume, time sensitive and highly visible locally, nationally and internationally.
- Research, write and execute multichannel marketing messages aimed at driving behaviors that lead to the achievement of enrollment and retention goals. Maintain brand compliance specific to policies established by University Marketing and Communication and more generally within the spirit of good brand stewardship. Messages include development of print materials and direct mail, web content, email messaging, social media content or other methods. Facilitate the communication between Case Western Reserve University and outside vendors in support of this objective as assigned. (30%)
- Develop and manage multichannel campaigns to meet the university’s goals of enrolling a cohort each fall and spring, significantly increasing transfer recruitment, application numbers and enrolled students each semester. (20%)
- Identify and research university initiatives, faculty research and students’ experiences that illustrate compelling reasons for prospective students to apply and enroll at Case Western Reserve University. Establish and maintain relationships with deans, faculty, students, parents, administrators, alumni and other appropriate subjects for development of recruiting materials. (15%)
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the marketing manager and the assistant director of digital marketing to ensure coordinated and timely delivery of work products. Hire and supervise marketing interns who are responsible for generating content ideas, as well as providing early drafts of multichannel messaging. (15%)
- Coordinate resources and manage projects related to our student search and application campaign vendor, assisting to hold them accountable for meeting the terms of the contract. This activity is the foundation upon which all recruitment activities are built and is a contract currently valued at approximately $1.5 million per year. Look for new opportunities within existing relationship to extend effectiveness. (10%)
- Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of the most state-of-the-art practices and trends in marketing and communication. Evaluate the effectiveness of Enrollment Management marketing efforts and provide analysis and recommendations for improvement to the Director and Enrollment Management senior leadership. Serve as a member of the enrollment management planning team that meets regularly and sets and carries out the agenda for enrollment management. (10%)
- Assist the office of Undergraduate Admission and the university office of Financial Aid in recruitment activities, as necessary, including conducting interviews, visiting high schools, attending college fairs and participating in on-campus programs. (<1%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (<1%)
Department: Regular contact with all staff, especially with senior leadership including the vice president and all directors within Enrollment Management to maintain workflow.
University: Contact with faculty members and staff across the university. Significant contact with University Marketing and Communications to maintain workflow.
External: Contact with prospective students and their parents/guardians; first-year students and their parents/guardians, guidance counselors; and university alumni. Contact with members of the media; product vendors; freelance writers, editors, photographers, and graphic designers to represent the university.
Students: Contact with office workers; interns; tour guides and student ambassadors and undergraduate students to maintain workflow.
Supervise the communication manager and the assistant director of digital marketing and design, Enrollment Management. Oversee the work of student marketing interns.
Experience: 6 to 8 years of work experience in professional communications or marketing required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in Marketing, Journalism, English or related field preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven ability to research, interview, and write and tell stories that engage, inform and inspire.
- A proven demonstration of developing, delivering and managing successful marketing and communications campaigns. Project management skills are essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital communication mediums including social media, newsletter, website, print, etc. with experience in storytelling and improving brand awareness and recognition.
- Ability to write quickly and well with a mastery of a variety of prose styles—including writing for the web.
- Sophisticated understanding of enrollment strategies, market, and demographic research.
- Strong understanding of the use of technology in recruitment required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effective utilization of organizational, planning and analytical skills, including working on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of recruitment strategies, including prospective student management, marketing, and targeted recruitment efforts.
- Sensitivity to economic, cultural, and other differences relating to the challenges of enrolling a diverse student body.
- Proven ability to work in high stress, accountable, deadline-driven environment required.
- Working knowledge of print, electronic and social media production required.
- Working knowledge of website development and maintenance, database management, statistical data interpretation and application of state of the art information technology as applied to recruitment programs.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet consistent attendance.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, supervisors and customers face to face.
Office setting, with meetings and activities in buildings throughout the campus; recruitment travel requires airline, hotel and rental car reservations. The employee will perform repetitive motion using computer mouse and keyboard to type. This position is eligible for hybrid/remote work arrangements.
Visit https://case.edu/hr/careers. Job id: 10187