Truck Driver - CDL Class AColumbus, GA Area Jobs
Cowart has immediate openings for Commercial Driver's License day-cab driver positions in Columbus, Ga If you want a career with a company that'll have you home every night and all weekend, offers a competitive compensation package, a state-of-the-art benefits package, medical & dental plans, paid time off, and a 401K retirement plan, Cowart is the place for you and your career. At Cowart you'll be part of our fleet supporting customers in our manufacturing and green-recycling operations throughout the South East United States. As part of our team you'll be based out of a one of our 8 South East facilities delivering bulk or palletized product during business hours Monday thru Friday only, and always returning home the same day. Some positions involve intermodal gating at railroad yards, or touch freight either operating a walking-floor or loading and unloading pallets at the point of delivery. Paid training is available during orientation.
Equipment: Late Model Day Cabs with flatbeds, walking floors, intermodal containers and roll offs.
Compensation: Cowart offers Pay commensurate with experience and production including medical & dental plans, paid time off, and a 401K-retirement plan.
- Deliver Cowart Products to our customers with the safe and responsible operation of our equipment.
- Compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
- Vehicle defects reporting, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
- Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
- CDL Class A license
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Minimal DMV/MVR infraction record
- 2 year of verifiable tractor
- trailer driving experience
- Reliable track record with regular, predictable, full attendance
- Safety and Customer oriented with a willingness to within requirements
- Ability to pass DOT Physical, DOT Drug Screen and Background screening requirements
- A background investigation including past employment, driving, criminal history and drug screening is required.