Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director
Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director
Job ID 23778
Location CUNY School of Medicine
The CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) at The City College of New York (CCNY), is the only medical school in the City University of New York system. Our innovative curriculum allows students to complete both their undergraduate Bachelor of Science (B.S.) and Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degrees in seven years. CSOM also offers a Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies (P.A.). Our mission is to provide access to medical education to talented youth from social, ethnic, and racial backgrounds historically underrepresented in medicine and to develop health professionals committed to practicing in under-served communities with a special emphasis on primary care. It has a reputation for excellence that has earned national acclaim for performance and a broad network of clinical sites for clerkships.
Under the direction of the CUNY School of Medicine Dean and reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Corporate and Foundation Relations Director will:
- Work with the Executive Director in the development, coordination and implementation of a corporate and foundation gifts donor program to meet CUNY School of Medicine’s fundraising goals and targets
- Develop and execute a plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and engage corporate and foundation prospects and donors and to renew and increase their support
- Build a donor base; manage and track a portfolio of donors and prospective donors
- Plan and execute cultivation activities and events
- Assist with the preparation of case statements, proposals, briefings, lists of giving and naming opportunities and other related materials
- Research and identify potential foundation grant opportunities, collaborate with appropriate faculty and senior leadership in the preparation of proposals in response to funding opportunities, and facilitate submission of proposals
- Ensure reporting requirement are completed accurately and in a timely, and in alignment with State, CUNY and City College of New York guidelines.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Relevant fund-raising experience, preferably in higher education, medical schools or academic health centers
- Advanced degree in non-profit management, public relations, communications or related area.
- Extensive experience in and understanding of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute major gift activities, and proven track record of securing major gifts
- Grant-writing experience preferred
- Exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build strong and lasting relationships with donors, board members, and senior leadership
- Resourceful self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven ability to work with a high level of independence, maintain confidentiality and prioritize assignments and CUNY School of Medicine’s needs
- The preferred candidate will possess a genuine commitment to the CUNY School of Medicine's mission and values.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs College corporate and foundation relations strategy and operations.
- Designs, develops and oversees strategic program to secure corporate and foundation funding for various College initiatives
- Responsible for meeting specific goals and targets
- Develops funding strategies, assesses outcome of strategic plan, and refines approaches to meet priority objectives
- Oversees a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors to establish and sustain ongoing relations; cultivates new prospects
- Maintains relationships with sponsoring organizations to promote and maintain funding
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner
- May develop proposals for institutional, academic, and arts grants
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Development Corporate and Foundation Relations Director
CUNY TITLE Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on CUNYfirst, please click on “Apply Now” on the bottom of the page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click “Employment”
- Click “Search job Listing”
- Click on “More options to search for CUNY jobs”
- Search by Job Opening ID (23778)
- Click on “Apply Now” and follow the instructions
A resume and cover letter must be uploaded
Open until filled, with review of resumes to begin April 22, 2022.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.