Health/Physical Education Instructor/ Head Men's Basketball CoachCVCC
CVCC Invites applications for the following position: Health/ Physical Education Instructor/ Head Men's Basketball Coach
This is a full-time 50% teaching and 50% coaching position supervising an assistant coach, and work-study students, volunteers and team managers as assigned. The employee is responsible for teaching the college's health/physical education courses and coaching and coordinating all activities of the men's basketball program.
- Master's degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in health/physical education or a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours or the equivalent graduate quarter hours in the discipline.
- Ability to incorporate instructional technology innovations into the classroom curriculum
- Successful teaching experience in a high school or higher education environment
- Five (5) years of successful full-time basketball coaching experience
- Ability to organize a men's basketball program, recruit athletes, and implement a successful men's basketball program.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language
- Competent use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Successful teaching experience in a two-year college setting
- Coaching experience at the community college level
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification and First Aid Certification
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach classes as assigned.
- Carry out all assignments according to schedule.
- Participate in selection of texts and teaching materials for health/physical education courses.
- Prepare course syllabi and objectives in conjunction with departmental guidelines.
- Recruit students for classes and the college as a whole.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate both introductory and advanced college transfer courses appropriate to the community college level physical education/health discipline.
- Utilize instructional technology to enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Maintain currency of professional knowledge and skills through professional development and continuing education in order to remain current in discipline and teaching techniques.
- Master software as needed in order to enhance instruction.
- Serve as academic advisor for students as assigned.
- Participate in all College registration activities (advance registration, regular registration, and late registration, drop/add).
- Serve on institutional committees.
- Participate in the College's planning process.
- Utilize instructional technology in the instructional process.
- Maintain a minimum of a thirty-five (35) hour work week; maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coach all aspects of the men's basketball program.
- Maintain adequate records, including appropriate financial records, statistics, etc.
- Supervise direct reports, including managers, effectively; complete annual performance appraisals as required.
- Monitor athletes' class attendance, grades and personal conduct.
- Make provisions for transportation, lodging, and meals for the team when necessary.
- Assume responsibility for preparedness and upkeep of athletic facilities.
- Make adequate provisions for pregame and postgame details, including providing game results to the media and/or the Commission or other appropriate persons, immediately after the conclusion of each sporting event.
- Establish an adequate system for handling equipment, which includes issuing, collecting, purchasing, and accounting.
- Assist the Director of Athletics with issuing and collecting textbooks for men's basketball each semester.
- Maintain positive relationships with all segments of the community, including the media, coaches, sales personnel, officials, and parents.
- Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for players, opponents, fans, and other coaches.
- Work effectively with student athletes of varying abilities, social, economic, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
- Adhere to and keep abreast of the National Junior College Athletic Association and the Alabama Community College Conference policies, regulations, and rules.
- Apply discipline in a positive, firm, and consistent manner in accordance with policy.
- Independently fund raise for the men's basketball program to offset budget limitations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for visiting our employment site. Joining CVCC is a great career move! Moving to the Phenix City/Columbus/Ft. Benning area provides access to a region that is a vibrant, dynamic mix of explosive growth and hometown charm. Our tri-community area is the perfect place for you and your family. The Chattahoochee Valley is a gateway to exciting regional destinations like Callaway Gardens, Lake Eufaula, Warm Springs, and Atlanta. You'll be happy you joined the CVCC family! CVCC provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, outstanding health insurance plans, excellent retirement benefits, state-paid life insurance, voluntary benefits programs, such as credit union, cafeteria plans and more, and tuition assistance for eligible employees and their dependents. CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, or other classification protected by Federal or State law, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. CVCC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. CVCC reserves the right to withdraw a job announcement at any time prior to the awarding. CVCC is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.