Chattahoochee Valley Community College invites applications for the following full-time position:
Human Resources Coordinator
For the online application system procedure and detailed information,
visit the employment page of our website at
or go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cvedu
Only application packets received through the online application
system by the deadline date will be considered.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: CHATTAHOOCHEE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OBSERVES EASTERN TIME. ALL TIMES SHOWN ARE IN EASTERN TIME.
This non-supervisory position provides assistance to the Human Resources Office which is responsible for various aspects of the human resources functions of the College, including recruitment of new employees and maintenance of employee records.
Salary: Appropriate placement on Salary Schedule E3: $29,153 - $43,091
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet through the online application system by the deadline date in order to be considered. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
A complete application packet consists of the following and must be submitted through the online system:
- Online employment application
- Cover letter
- Current résumé
- Copy of college transcripts
Application materials, including transcripts, must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts will be required by the College prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate. Once submitted, all application materials become the property of the College. Requests for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied.
Anticipated Start Date: October 2017
• Associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Three (3) years of directly related experience
• Ability to demonstrate computer skills during screening
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic
• Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in the English language
• Proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Outlook
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
• Knowledge of employment processes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Process employment application materials received, including scanning documents.
- Advertise vacancies in newspapers and post position announcements; process invoices.
- Schedule appointments and coordinate meetings and interviews, ensuring required materials and equipment are present for meetings and interviews.
- Administer typing and skills tests.
- Respond to inquiries from job search applicants.
- Maintain job search files, including properly closing files in preparation for audit.
- Assist with reports, employment agreements, and annual documentation, including preparing routine forms annually and updating AS400 data.
- Collect and process new employee paperwork, to include ensuring new hire data is completed correctly and entered by Director in the appropriate portals (E-Verify, PEEHIP, criminal background investigations, etc.).
- Assist with maintenance of personnel files, ensuring training certificates, Affordable Care Act and other notices, and necessary documentation is included and in compliance with SACSCOC, Alabama Community College System office requirements, and any applicable federal and state laws.
- Responsible for the preparation of adjunct employment agreements, as well as entering part-time hourly authorization pay data in the software system.
- Coordinate pay changes and other necessary payroll-related personnel information for part-time employees with Director and Payroll.
- Assist in providing employment verifications to external entities.
- Perform advanced clerical duties, including creation of spreadsheets/data bases, memos, letters, forms, and Word documents, typing, copying, filing, and answering the telephone.
- Process incoming mail daily and interdepartmental mail as necessary.
- Generate work order requests as needed.
- Maintain departmental calendar.
- Maintain internal employee directory; assist with college telephone directory and organizational chart information.
- Correct DAX errors as necessary.
- Prepare travel and state car requests for department.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and place orders for Human Resources supplies; request budget amendments and/or adjustments as needed.
- Maintain the car insurance spreadsheet and submit revisions to the Business Office as needed.
- Provide assistance to department chairs/program directors regarding proper adjunct paperwork procedures as needed.
- Track licensure/certification expirations.
- Process employee and dependent tuition waiver requests.
- Participate in strategic planning and assist with preparation of documents for SACSCOC reporting when requested.
- Provide backup support to the President's Office as requested.
- In the absence of the Director, enter employee information in the E-Verify portal and the criminal background website.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications indicated on this vacancy announcement and must submit a complete application packet via the online process by the deadline date in order to be considered. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. The College will not incur the cost of applicants' interview expenses.
Experience will be considered for part-time employment based upon duration and number of hours worked.
Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
All correspondence with applicants regarding this search process will be sent via e-mail.
Verification of employment letters will be required after an offer of employment has been made. Verification letters should, at a minimum, include the work experience indicated on the application.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
All male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant selected for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed.
Chattahoochee Valley Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify) which electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. Applicants hired by Chattahoochee Valley Community College will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act No. 2011-535.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. CVCC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. CVCC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.