Building and Grounds SuperintendentDiverse Power
Diverse Power is seeking a Full Time Building & Grounds Superintendent (LaGrange, Georgia).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Cooperative’s buildings and grounds for optimal efficiency, employee comfort and safety, positive public image and compliance with applicable laws and Cooperative policy.
(a) Facilities Management (all buildings and real property owned by the Cooperative except substations)
- Inspections of buildings and grounds.
- Preventative maintenance for the Cooperative’s buildings, mechanical and electrical systems and assigned maintenance equipment.
- Manage Contractors.
- Compliance with federal and state laws, ordinances and codes pertaining to buildings and grounds.
(b) Building and Grounds Maintenance (except substations)
- Repair and replacement of defective equipment or components
- Oversight of service contracts
- Custodial services
- Ground Maintenance
- Garbage and debris removal
- Purchase and store routine cleaning, Maintenance and restroom supplies.
- Provide Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to Safety Coordinator.
- Recommend equipment needed to perform duties effectively and efficiently
(c) Special Projects
- Assist with planning, development and construction of special projects involving building and grounds.
- Accept responsibility for special projects as requested
- Suggest special projects that may enhance the image, beauty, efficiency, or productivity of the Cooperative’s facilities.
- Maintain secure property
(e) Meeting Setup
- Table and chair arrangements for meetings
- Coordinate meeting room schedule with other employees.
- Assist with food and beverage setup
- Assist with the storage, care and setup of audio/visual equipment
(f) Kitchen/Lunchroom Supplies
- Vending services for headquarters property
- Kitchen supplies, such as coffee, paper products, etc.
- Administer policy on storage of personal items in refrigerator and cupboards.
(g) Responsible for the daily pick up and delivery of the Cooperative’s mail.
- Pick up the Cooperative’s mail from the Post Office each business day morning.
- Deliver the mail to the Cooperative’s headquarters mailroom by 8:30 a.m.
- Skills and Abilities:
Ability to manage and direct employees. Self motivated. Ability to prioritize and plan complex and/or multiple tasks or projects. Operation of custodial and building maintenance equipment. Ability to speak, read and understand English.
- Additional Expectations:
Overtime may be required to complete the duties as directed. Assistance will be expected during major outages.
- Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Facilities management training or five years maintenance experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work indoor and outdoor performing physical tasks, occasionally with great physical exertion. Frequently work around low voltage electricity.