Space Utilization Coordinator
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Space Utilization Coordinator, Boca Raton, FL.
The Space Utilization Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director for Space Utilization and Analysis and supports the Assistant Director in planning and coordinating campus wide use of space and Physical Facilities, maintains current floor plans and data on campus facilities, receives and analyses requests for space, develops plans to maximize facilities use and may develop analytical studies in support of space or physical facility changes.
The Space Utilization Coordinator’s primary role is to act as the space data custodian for the University’s automated space system (FAMIS) This position is required to compile, check and reconcile information. Duties are somewhat varied in nature, requiring independent judgement involving commonly encountered problems. Unusual cases or questionable matters are referred to the next level of supervision.
The coordinator serves as an assistant to the Assistant Director with required building surveys on all FAU campuses/locations and aids with gathering data and maintaining Physical Facilities space files. Responsible for planning and scheduling campus surveys for all FAU campuses, provides assistance and space information to Design and Construction Services, as well as campus wide departments. Other responsibilities include:
- Participating in the Educational Plant Survey process at FAU as well as other SUS Universities as required.
- Receiving and processing Facilities Use event requests and maintaining the university’s master calendar (EMS.) Supporting the Assistant Director with Event Advisory Committee meetings.
- Assisting with preparation of Lease Agreements and Easements. Preparing necessary documents for recording of easements and agreements.
- Interpreting FAU policies and regulations governing the use of space and University procedures.
- Maintaining files and working with FAU Police Department and General Counsel's Office regarding unauthorized flyers on campus, to include mailing warning letters.
- Processing all permanent signage and temporary ground signs/banner applications.
- Assisting with assignment of room numbers for new construction and building renovations.
- Assisting with campus map updates.
- Assisting with scheduling internal and external meetings. Responsible for creating meeting notes.
- Acting as a liaison between client groups and Assistant Director.
- Performing web management duties including Space Utilization homepage.
- Providing administrative duties as directed.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
Ability to read construction documents, floor plans and familiar with AutoCAD preferred but not required.
Proficient in Microsoft Suite (excel, word, access database, etc.) required.
Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures required.
Experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) and FAMIS preferred.
Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new software and computer systems.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Attentive to detail.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ #).
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.