Program Coordinator - 527469
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team of professionals.
- Supports the Program Manager, Strand Leader, Course Directors, and faculty members with the day-to day activities within the Professional Development Strand.
- Manages all of the Office of Women in Medicine and Sciences (WIMS) faculty support services, including Career Advancement, Seminar Series, Empowerment to Leadership Forum, Career Development Coaching Program, and Mentorship Program.
- Administer surveys to faculty and staff to gain knowledge of topics for training sessions.
- Develops outreach techniques to seek volunteers for WIMS coaching programs.
- Addresses faculty development needs using survey data to enhance and grow the WIMS programs.
- Maintains WIMS website and formulates creative ways to promote user access to website.
- Prepares presentation materials, edits content, and maintains learning management system for courses in the Professional Development strand as well as the WIMS programs.
- Maintains WIMS budget and coordinates travel requests.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments for the Stand Leader, Program Manager, Course Directors, Associate Dean of Women in Medicine and Science, and faculty members. Prepares meeting materials, sends out meeting minutes reminders, reviews faculty calendars for availability, takes and distributes meeting minutes.
- Prepares course sessions which may include setting up computers, preparing handouts, necessary equipment, grouping students appropriately into small groups.
- Assists in the development of curriculum materials and resources. Assists with curriculum mapping and curriculum data for financial reports (e.g., instructional worksheets) of the Professional Strand courses. Assists in submitting payment request forms and catering requests for the Professional Development Strand as needed. Acts as backup for the Program Manager in their absence.
- Provides assistance with specials projects as assigned.
- Performs essential duties in any emergencies such as hurricanes, public health emergencies, and/or any other university emergency closing. The employee is expected to be available to report to work as needed during university emergency closing with appropriate notification of a department administrator.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of office or related experience.
- Previous experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience preparing and/or managing budgets.
- Strong team player as well as an individual contributor.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work effectively in an environment with rapidly changing priorities, short time frame, and potentially conflicting requests.
To apply, please visit us on-line at https://hr.fiu.edu/careers/, click on “Prospective Employees” or “Current Employees” and search for job opening ID 527469.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.