Simulation Operations Manager ($3,000 Sign On Bonus)
Simulation Operations Manager
($3,000 Sign On Bonus)
Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes $9.8 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded over 200,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU @ I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and has over 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine is currently seeking a Simulation Operations Manager to join our team of professionals.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the simulation center in collaboration with the leadership team. Provides leadership and support for administrative operations including planning, scheduling, and logistical coordination of all simulation center activities including staff scheduling and set up and breakdown of simulation activities to ensure effective operations.
- Manages the logistical coordination, scheduling, and implementation of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination's (OSCEs), End of Third Year OSCE (EOTYO), Capstone Bootcamp, Period 3 Transition and Clerkship activities. Provides logistics coordination for external meetings and conferences, as needed.
- Manages and maintains the longitudinal clinical skills performance portfolios for all students across the four-year curriculum. Coordinates logistics and student communication for the Longitudinal Period 4 online Clinical Skills Capstone course.
- Develops and implements center procedures to assure efficient and effective use of time and space, cleaning and maintenance of equipment, and center protocols. Develops and implements plans for continued growth of the programs. Plans and oversees an assessment plan that includes collection and analysis of usage data student, faculty, staff and customer feedback, performance data and accreditation.
- Monitors expenditures and revenues for the Simulation Center and the Standardized Patient (SP) program. Provides monthly summaries of operational expenses, instructional worksheets, equipment usage and equipment repair. Collaborates with the leadership team in developing budget plans. Obtains bids and makes simulation purchasing decisions within delegated authority.
- Oversees inventory of office supplies, places orders for supplies and verify receipts, prepares office expenditures reconciliation documentation and submits individual invoices, prepares catering forms/requests and resolves administrative problems and inquiries.
- Manages the administrative operations of the Clinical Skills team and supervises assigned staff. Monitors performance and ensures the team is meeting their goals and objectives.
- Oversees the maintenance of files, database, room bookings and calendar events for the Simulation Center.
- Assists with grants/partnership funding opportunities for institutional collaboration and research applications in simulation-based learning.
- Assists with conversion of current assessment tools into the Educational Management Solutions (EMS) system to develop a paperless assessment system. Works with the Medical Director and the Associate Director for Simulation Operations to report OSCE data collected within the EMS system statistical software packages.
- Contributes to management strategy and participates in strategic planning, staffing decisions, policy development, and accreditation. Assists in developing partnerships throughout the University in order to attain departmental goals and objectives.
- Drives to and from simulation events as needed.
- Performs related duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and four (4) years of related experience, or Master's degree in an appropriate specialization and two (2) years related experience.
Previous management experience preferred.
Previous experience within medical simulation preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information or to apply, please visit us on-line at http://careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID JOBID: 523239. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest accompanying their curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three professional references.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.