Director of Marketing and Communications
Director of Marketing and Communications
The George Mason University, School of Business invites applications for the position of Director of Marketing and Communications. This position plans, implements, and directs the Brand, Marketing, and Communications strategy for the School of Business. The Director of Marketing and Communications will advise the Dean’s Office and work collaboratively with senior business school and University leaders to support the School’s goals of improving its brand and reputation in its markets, building and strengthening relationships with its various constituencies and significantly enhancing its digital marketing efforts. The position holder reports to the Associate Dean of Outreach and Development and will supervise all members of the Marketing and Communications team. This is a full-time administrative faculty position with full benefits.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The School of Business:
Dedicated to excellence in research and teaching, the School of Business educates future business leaders through world-class, innovative academic programs and strategic business partnerships. Ranked among the top 100 undergraduate business school programs and top 50 part-time MBA programs by the U.S. News and World Report, the School of Business is accredited in both business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. Faculty are deeply engaged in the regional, national, and international business communities; and their academic expertise combined with real-world experience provides a bridge in the classroom from academic theory to business practice. The school is evolving to become more interdisciplinary, more connected, and more diverse.
The School of Business is pursuing three strategic directions through research, teaching, and partnerships: 1. Digital Transformation of Work; 2. Ensuring Global Futures by addressing the challenges of ensuring a livable and resilient society; and 3. Entrepreneurship and Innovation. To support these strategic initiatives, the School of Business is playing a significant role in three new university initiatives: the Institute for Digital InnovAtion (IDIA); the Institute for a Sustainable Earth (ISE); and the School of Computing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic management of the business school’s brand, to build and enhance the brand, in connection with the school’s mission, for maximum value and impact;
- Plan and coordinate the School’s branding architecture in consultation with the School’s leadership team, faculty and advisory boards;
- Design and ensure consistent messaging across publications, web sites, promotional materials and events;
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to increase the visibility of the business school regionally, nationally and internationally resulting in: (1) a positive impact on the school’s reputation across its stakeholder groups, as well as its position in relevant rankings; (2) increases in the number of qualified applications for the undergraduate, graduate and executive education programs (3) continued positive impact on internship, job, and related opportunities for business school graduates; and (4) increased interest in collaborating with, sponsoring activities of, and donating to the school on the part of businesses, alumni and other stakeholders;
- Collaborate with academic programs, areas, centers, advancement, and other internal stakeholders to create highly effective communications campaigns targeting local, regional, and national media outlets, as well as other academic institutions, that highlight the accomplishments of the business school’s faculty, students, and the school in general, including those done in collaboration with other schools and partner entities;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the business school’s social media marketing strategy to generate inbound leads, gain followers, and create a positive image for the school;
- Oversee the overall content, messaging, and continual refreshing of the business school’s web site and its components to ensure search engine optimization and high performance on other relevant metrics;
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, processes and budgets for the marketing and communications functions within the business school;
- Develop and implement an internal communications plan to foster an inclusive and cohesive culture and provide timely information and updates to students, faculty, staff, and adjuncts;
- Lead the marketing and communications team to maximize motivation, skill development, and effectiveness; and
- Serve as the central source for the university, Board of Visitors, alumni, students, faculty, staff and the business community at large to obtain authoritative and reliable information about the business school.
- Master’s degree required plus demonstrated relevant director level professional experience (typically 5+ years) or an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or a related field plus demonstrated relevant director level professional experience (typically 8+ years);
- Significant experience developing and implementing strategic marketing campaigns and measuring the results of such campaigns;
- Experience overseeing marketing-related contracts and budgets;
- Experience in leading successful brand research and brand development campaigns based on substantive, data-based analysis across stakeholder groups;
- Big-picture, strategic thinker;
- Experience simultaneously leading internal and external communications;
- Substantial expertise working with regional and national media outlets with demonstrated results;
- Experience developing and leading effective social media campaigns and web presence optimization;
- Demonstrated effective collaboration, persuasion, and consensus-building skills;
- Experience giving and receiving useful, constructive feedback for yourself and your team;
- Able to influence independent professionals to participate in marketing/communication efforts;
- Effective writing, editing, presentation, and organizational skills;
- Experience supervising other marketing and communications professionals to achieve positive results; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Experience in higher education and/or fund-raising; and
- Experience with Salesforce CRM platform.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA253Z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by August 19, 2022; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.