HRIS Applications & Data Analyst
George Mason University Information Technology Services (ITS), located on the Fairfax, Va. campus, is seeking a service-orientated, self-starter to apply for a HRIS Application & Data Analyst position within the Enterprise Resource Planning team. This is a full-time classified staff position with benefits.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department:
The mission of the Enterprise Applications (EA) department is to plan, implement and maintain integrated central and distributed information systems and associated databases that support the business needs of the University. These systems include the Banner administrative applications – System of Record (supporting student, finance, admissions, human resources, payroll, financial aid and procurement), Salesforce/TargetX CRM platform as System of Engagement, Data marts/Business Intelligence (supporting strategic and operational end-user reporting requirements), decentralized systems and web applications (supporting budgeting, sponsored programs activity and other University applications) and support for application and data integration.
About the Position:
This position is responsible for creating technical solutions to business problems, analyzing and automating processes, developing scripts or programs for creating interface files, and writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to meet intradepartmental data needs using Banner ERP and other databases. Some of the tools used are: SQL Developer/SQL, Unix Shell scripts, SSH Secure Shell, PuTTY, Automic Applications Manager, and Oracle Application Express (APEX). This is a technical position that provides development, analytical and production operational support in an Ellucian Banner enterprise resource planning (ERP).
Other duties include:
- Fulfill HR/Payroll report requests – evaluate incoming requests against existing canned reports; enhance existing report or develop a new report; work with various clients to clarify data needs;
- Testing of system patches, releases and upgrades;
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of vendor files such as ADP and VRS;
- Perform other routine tasks related to Banner HR/Payroll and other integrated systems such as Cornerstone Learning Management System, Cornerstone Performance Management System, and Equifax Compliance Center – hosted cloud solutions; and
- Process Banner user access requests – evaluate requests to add, delete or modify Banner HR/Payroll user access; Communicate to requesting user and/or supervisor once access has been granted.
In addition, this position will also assist with various project management activities which include collecting user requirements, writing functional specifications, and testing end to end solutions in partnership with the end user community.
- An undergraduate degree in computer information systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Current work experience developing automated solutions in an ERP environment, and using demonstrated knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle objects (stored procedures, views, indexes, etc.);
- Experience performing functional business and technical user support in an ERP environment;
- Experience providing production operational support for complex enterprise applications;
- Experience writing requirements documentation, design specifications and test cases;
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff clearly;
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask and work independently;
- Demonstrate a combination of systems, data and business analysis skills; and
- Ability and motivation to learn and adopt (implement) new technologies and processes.
- Current and relative work experience with HRIS systems;
- Ellucian Banner preferred or similar ERP;
- Experience with job scheduling software; and
- Experience working in environment utilizing project management principles and SDLC processes.
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply by June 10, 2022 for position 02494z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references. References must include name, email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.