Medical TechnologistMartin Army Community Hospital
Medical Technologist 0644-09 Full time (3 vacant positions)
Announcements closing date 11/28/2017
Department of Pathology, Martin Army Community Hospital, Fort Benning GA
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform duties such as:
- Serve as the point-of-care testing coordinator and inspector of quality control, records control, competency testing, proficiency testing, training, inspection and accreditation for all point-of-care testing sites.
- Develop a Continuous Quality Improvement Plan for each point-of-care testing site to establish testing procedures and good laboratory practices.
- Develop and establish new point-of-care testing methods by performing and documenting correlation and comparison studies using statistical analyses.
- Serve as the primary trainer and troubleshooter for all point-of-care testing sites in the performance of operator maintenance, quality control and patient testing.
- Go to link for additional details on how to apply for this position.
- Select, perform, evaluate, and monitor the performance of a variety of recurring complex and specialized test procedures in all sections of the clinical laboratory to include: Blood Bank, Serology, Chemistry, Hematology, and Microbiology.
- Utilize, review, and verify routine and unusual test results performed by military and civilian technicians.
- Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products; maintain proper records for quality control reports.
- Go to link for additional details on how to apply.