My Classified Ads
Posted on November 14, 2017
Provide pastoral service or substitute of sermon delivery, worship, witness, mission, Bible study, prayer, individual counseling & ceremonial events; Req’d. Masters degree in Divinity or Theology in Presbyterian denomination; Foreign equiv. edu. acceptable; 40 hours per week. Mail resume to Rock Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Columbus, Inc. at 5301 Sidney Simons Blvd., Columbus, GA 31904
General Job Duties of an Associate Pastor:
- May be assigned a specific ministry target group to oversee.
- In absence of Interim Pastor, receive his ministerial phone calls, lead staff meetings, oversee and lead worship services, and other ministerial duties.
- Oversee all ministry counseling needs from the church membership and requests from the community.
- Pray with church members and guests who express difficulties in their life.
- Oversees the Benevolent Ministry of the church.
- Teaches regular Bible study classes.
- Visits nursing care facilities and homebound individuals/age group specific members.
- Conducts weddings and funerals for church members.
- Visits grieving church members.
- Represents the Senior Pastor at committee and ministry team meetings as requested.
- Cooperates with all staff to promote the entire ministry plan of the church.
- Serves as an effective liaison to church committees and team ministry efforts.
- Maintains a continued growth of personal calling and walk with the Lord through Bible study and prayer.
- Maintains personal priorities with home and family as the spiritual leader.
- Develops and exercises Personal Evangelism within and outside the church.
- Gives graciously to the church through tithes and offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Disclaimer: All job descriptions/service descriptions are intended as a guide and my or may not fit the vision, purpose and practice of every church.