Director of Admissions
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Admissions is responsible for managing and directing inclusive outreach activities to achieve new student enrollment goals for general, transfer, international, and dual enrollment admissions, in addition to the course placement process. This position provides independent administrative oversight, management and supervision of professional and support staff, database management, fiscal accountability, and development and design of policies related to enrollment management. The Director of Admissions serves as a key member of both the Student Affairs Leadership Team and the College’s Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) team. This position reports to the Dean of Recruitment and Outreach. The Director is expected to make data-driven decisions, engage employees, use creative problem-solving skills, and perform daily work in a highly collaborative way in order to advance Normandale’s strategic framework.
The following qualifications are required to move forward your candidacy; as such, ensure your application contains descriptions of your work experience sufficient to demonstrate proficiency in each of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in administration, education, business, marketing or related field
- 3 years of professional work experience in higher education, specifically in admissions, recruitment, enrollment, marketing, or other related areas.
- 3 years of supervisory or leadership experience
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s) that will be interviewed for
- The ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse higher education community.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of the enrollment management process, including key drivers, and related enrollment strategies.
- Experience working with sensitive and confidential data and documents
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with others in a team environment
- Master’s Degree in higher education, student affairs, business, marketing or another related field
- 5 years of experience leading strategic enrollment initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple overlapping projects
- Experience in assessment or quality improvement
- Experience working with U.S. immigration/government regulations, international student admissions and/or targeted population admissions programs
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment
- Bilingual or working proficiency in Somali, Spanish, Arabic, or Hmong
- Frequent travel within the metro area for high school visits and other events required
- Periodic travel to greater Minnesota and other MNSCU locations required
- Ability to periodically work evenings and weekends to represent Normandale at events such as (but not limited to) PSEO/financial aid informational meetings, college fairs, and community outreach events
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, annually serving almost 15,000 students from a diverse set of backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow, learn, and advance their careers while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students and employees to learn. We are passionately committed to achieving racial equity in student outcomes and in advancing cultural competency in the classroom and services provided.
AND THE BENEFITS ARE GREAT TOO
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale Community College offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical, dental, vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; generous vacation and sick leave as well as 11 paid holidays each year; employer paid life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; and tax-deferred compensation plans. Additional benefits include tuition waivers available for employees and certain dependents, once qualifying criteria are met, relocation reimbursement up to $1000 and many professional development opportunities.
This position is also part of Middle Management Association, which outlines many additional benefits provided.
For information on benefits, visit SEGIP’s website SEGIP. For more information on retirement benefits, please view the retirement brochure through MMB.
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Director of Admissions
Classification: MinnState Academic Supervisor 2
Status: Unlimited, full-time
Salary Range: Annually from $63,642 to $92,143 *Salary placement is dependent on education and experience
The vacancy is posted on-line from April 26, 2023 through 16 May 2023.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please submit your online application and supporting information to: https://normandale.peopleadmin.com/postings/1924
- Upload (attach) a cover letter that addresses how your qualifications align with the requirements of this position; and
- Upload (attach) current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be available to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
An offer for this position may be contingent upon the completion of a background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Normandale Community College is committed to honoring human differences and cultivating inclusion of different values and ideas in employment and education opportunity. The college is committed to the principle that all individuals are to be treated with equality and dignity.
No person shall be discriminated against in the terms and conditions of employment, personnel practices, or access to and participation in, programs, services, and activities with regard to race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. In addition, discrimination in employment based on familial status or membership or activity in a local commission as defined by law is prohibited.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance, please contact Human Resources at (952) 358-8269 or email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.