PowerApps and Power Automate Developer/SharePoint Admin
Classification: Information Technology Specialist 4
Flexible Work Arrangements are Available
Salary Range: Hourly from $32.32 to $53.31; Annually from $67,484 to
*Salary placement is dependent on education and experience
We are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we seek applicants with deep connections to the cultural communities to which our students belong. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position creates custom Microsoft PowerApps and Power Automate applications for Normandale Community College which are hosted within the Office 365 SharePoint tenant maintained by the Systems Office. The incumbent manages projects, performs all requirements gathering and analysis, and creates technical designs supporting application development. The incumbent supports all aspects of Normandale Community College employees’ use of SharePoint and Teams features on a cloud hosted Office 365 tenant.
This position serves as a technical site collection administrator for Normandale Community College site collections in a Microsoft Office 365 tenant managed by MinnState. The position collaborates with the MinnState SharePoint team in the areas of SharePoint administration, development, governance and support.
To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. Ensure that your resume contains descriptions of your work experiences sufficient for comparison against the requirements stated below.
- Minimum of five (5) years of advanced IT work including all of the following:
- 2 or more years’ experience developing Microsoft PowerApps and Power Automate applications
- 2 or more years’ experience working directly with a combination of SharePoint, Office 365/SharePoint Online, Microsoft Office 365 for Government, Sharegate
- 1 or more years’ experience with database management and/or data management sufficient to perform data integrations with PowerApps platform
- Knowledge of system security sufficient to manage PowerApps and SharePoint security, permissions, and ensure data integrity
- Ability to read and interpret detailed technical information
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics in a way that business users can understand, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and analyze college business needs and design and develop effective, efficient solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, working both independently and in a team setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field
- Microsoft certification as a PowerApps developer
- Significant experience with quality assurance testing and software implementation/promotion
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience applying Web accessibility standards and best practices, including the State of Minnesota technology accessibility standards, to web development work
- Experience with application development software such as Microsoft Visual Studio and the ability to understand code generated by these tools
- Experience with a variety of programming languages and software
Normandale is the largest community college in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, serving almost 15,000 students from diverse backgrounds, 42% of whom are students of color and nearly 25% are first-generation. We offer opportunities for individuals to grow and learn and advance all the while working for an organization that is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable space for students to learn.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE
As an agency of the State of Minnesota, Normandale offers a comprehensive benefits package including low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance; short- and long-term disability; generous vacation and sick leave as well as 11 paid holidays each year; employer-paid life insurance; pre-tax flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; and tax-deferred compensation. Additional benefits include tuition waivers available for employees and certain dependents, once qualifying criteria are met.
For information on benefits, visit SEGIP’s website SEGIP. This position is also part of Minnesota Association of Professional Employees (MAPE). The collective bargaining agreement outlines many additional benefits provided.
For more information on retirement benefits, please view the retirement brochure through MMB.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The college is committed to honoring human differences. We expect and foster tolerance of different values and ideas. We are committed to the principle that all individuals are to be treated with equality and dignity.
We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance, please contact Human Resources at 952.358.8269 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
The vacancy is posted on-line from May 26, 2022 to June 16, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit their resume to this specific job posting. You can also search for this job on the State of Minnesota careers website at http://www.mn.gov/careers. Refer to Job Code 56120. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you are a current State of Minnesota employee, please log into Self Service, click on the Careers section and search for the Job Code 49817
If you have questions about the position, contact Damaris Abuta at email@example.com or 952.358.8269.
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
The College regrets that it is unable to offer H-1B sponsorship at this time. The successful candidate, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, must be able to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.