Director of Student Services
The person in this position serves as the College’s financial steward and is responsible for facilities management, continuing legal education, faculty scholarship support, and building safety/emergency management. This person regularly interacts with students, faculty, staff, and vendors.
- Student Services: Liaison with Student Affairs to address student concerns and oversee law student organizations. Duties include oversight, management of, support for, and development of, all student organizations and their leadership teams within the College of Law
- Bar Success Program: Serve as primary point of contact for students applying for and preparing for bar. Duties include oversight, data tracking, program management, and personal interaction with students taking the bar.
- Event Planning: Liaison with Dining Services and numerous outside vendors to coordinate College events both on and off-campus. Responsible for planning, overseeing, and supporting all internal COL events, and some external COL events.
- Facilities: Liaison with Physical Plant for general maintenance, repairs, custodial services, and with Project Manager for building projects. Duties will include overseeing, directing, and coordinating work concerning the physical plant of the COL. Will be involved in capital improvement projects, building projects, and summer projects.
- Continuing Legal Education: Manage approximately 7-10 programs annually, to include CLE approval by the Court. Examples of partners the Director works with include Law Review, Phi Alpha Delta, Inn of Court, West Ohio Conference of the United Methodist Church, Ohio State Bar Association, and various student organizations to host continuing legal education programs
- Building Safety/Emergency Management: Liaison with Campus Security and the Director of Risk Management: Serves as emergency contact for the campus emergency management committee, coordinates annual application for liability insurance, and manages budgets for property and professional liability insurance for the COL and clinic.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Dean.
- Ability to plan and coordinate events
- Ability to work with students, advising, supervising and overseeing
- Ability to budget for events, manage projects
- Ability to network with alumni as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Computer proficiency
- JD or other advanced degree
To view full description and apply online go to: https://jobs.onu.edu/postings/10132
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer.