Call Center Representative
Call Center Representatives (Pittsburgh Area)
PHEAA's FedLoan Servicing team is seeking qualified candidates to help us make a difference in the lives of millions of students! It is our daily goal to meet our public service mission - creating affordable access to higher education. We take pride in educating borrowers on the long-term impact of student loan borrowing and the repayment options available to them!
This entry-level position provides outstanding customer service to our borrowers who have student loans owned by the federal government. This role is intended to be a 9–12 month role with the possibility of longer term employment. We ensure our team members are destined for success by offering a comprehensive training program created by our knowledgeable training staff. Training for this role is in-person at our Pittsburgh office (11 Parkway Center, Suite 200) or remotely as business needs dictate. Representatives will continue to work onsite with the possibility of working remotely once proficient job performance is achieved. Our dedicated Call Center Representatives provide a positive experience for all customers.
Here, at PHEAA, we value customer commitment, quality, accountability, development, leadership, and diversity.
Training Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Shift: Monday - Friday, 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Salary: $16.00/hour (A $1 shift differential will be provided for these 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. shifts)
Pay Increase: pay will increase to $16.50 after 6-months of continuous employment
Retention Incentive: A lump sum cash payment may be available to employees who remain employed for specific employment periods (currently being developed).
- Call Center Representatives answer inbound calls handling a variety of complex account issues.
- Answer questions identify the root cause of the call and research to resolve the customer inquiry upon first contact. Interactions with customers are based on federal regulations, PHEAA objectives, and department policies.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting online account issues and utilizing online tools that are available.
- Update customer and account information as needed.
- Process incoming correspondence, forms, or other documents received from customers.
- Counsel customers in achieving successful repayment of their student loans. This includes but is not limited to answering payment and billing inquiries, discussing repayment plan options and eligibility, payment alternatives, interest accrual, forgiveness programs, and consolidation.
- Handle difficult or escalated call types and assist with resolution.
- Will work with one or multiple customer support lines.
Call Center Representatives have the option of enrolling in the Bronze Medical Insurance plan from day one of employment and will be required to join the State Employees Retirement System. Learn more about these benefits here: https://www.pheaa.org/about/careers/index.shtml
- Computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office
- Prior customer service experience.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must successfully complete a 6-week classroom training program which is a combination of lecture and practice on live customer accounts as well as performing account adjustments. Due to the amount and complexity of information, time off will not be permitted during the training period.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and perform in depth research while assisting the customer.
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, the federal government requires applicants to possess U.S. citizenship.In light of this federal government requirement, PHEAA will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Associates degree and two years’ experience working in an administrative role providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate knowledge of Word and Microsoft Excel.
Additional Language Skills: Fluent Spanish a plus
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
16.00 - 17.50 USD
Monday - Friday, 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm