Payroll & Accounts Payable ClerkPhenix City Health Care
Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk
Nursing facility seeking an Accounts Payable & Payroll Clerk
Minimum 2 years experience in payroll (AP experience in addition is preferred.)
Must possess organization and time management skills.
Ideal candidate must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
Benefits include Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance, 401K, 20 days off your first year and More!!
General Duties of Accounts Payable Clerk (disclaimer this is not specific to this job posting):
An accounts payable administrator or clerk is generally responsible for processing invoices and issuing payments. A number of related tasks are included in this function.
Adapt the sample job description to reflect the accounts payable duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position in your company. Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- review and verify invoices and check requests
- sort, code and match invoices
- set invoices up for payment
- enter and upload invoices into system
- track expenses and process expense reports
- prepare and process electronic transfers and payments
- prepare and perform check runs
- post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- reconcile accounts payable transactions
- prepare analysis of accounts
- monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues
- maintain vendor files
- correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- produce monthly reports
- assist with month end closing
- provide supporting documentation for audits
Education and Experience
- knowledge of accounts payable
- knowledge of general accounting procedures
- knowledge of relevant accounting software
- proficient in data entry and management
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- organizing and prioritizing
- attention to detail and accuracy
- communication skills
- information management skills
- problem-solving skills
- team work
- ability to meet deadlines