Medical Social WorkerSerenity Hospice Care
Job Description The Medical Social Worker will provide supportive and medical social services to terminally ill patients and their families in accordance with an appropriate plan of care. The Medical Social Worker will assume responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of psycho-social services provided to hospice patients and families in the home care or residential setting in accordance with the physician's orders and the team's plan of care. The Medical Social Worker assists patients and families with recognizing and utilizing community resources based on financial situations or other care needs. This position also assists other Serenity Hospice team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the care of terminally ill patients and their families.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Masters Degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program.
- Licensed as a Social Worker through the Georgia Board of Social Work (preferred).
- Minimum of one (1) year social work experience a in health care setting.
- Knowledge of community resources including Medicare / Medicaid, financial aid, county, state, and private social services agencies.
- Must be able to work independently, have demonstrated patient care planning and patient teaching skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Georgia Drivers License and daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle.
- Belief in the hospice concept.