Advanced Manufacturing InstructorSouthern Union State Community College
Southern Union State Community College is accepting online applications for the following position:
- Advanced Manufacturing Instructor
The Technical Education (TE) Instructor will be responsible for the day-to-day activities in their respective departments. Plans and delivers instruction as assigned; instructional contact hours range between 24 and 30 hours per week. Special functions may include recommending class scheduling, providing information for budget planning, advising, student recruitment, registration, working with student organizations, appropriate record keeping, and teaching all assigned classes. TE faculty participates in professional development activities; represents the institution and/or career technical program through involvement in community affairs, public service activities, business and industry advisory committees, and performs other professionally appropriate duties as requested by the President, Dean of Technical Education and Workforce Development, Technical Education Director, or Technical Division Department Chair.
Essential Job Functions
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Plan, organize and instruct assigned courses in the day or evening on any Southern Union Campus.
- Prepare and maintain current syllabus for courses teaching.
- Work with department chair and other faculty to develop evaluate and review curriculum to ensure maximum student competency.
- Submit budget and purchase requests for supplies and equipment.
- Assist in implementing college policies, objective, and functions in accordance with college philosophy and procedures.
- Serve on committees and participate in college activities.
- Maintain appropriate work hours.
- Assists in recruiting and advising of students.
- Maintain close relationships with the businesses and industries within the College's service area to ensure the College is meeting their training needs; network with industry professionals to receive feedback for program and course development and outcomes.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned by appropriate personnel.
SUSCC is an EOE.
Southern Union State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all post secondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal or state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Southern Union State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Southern Union also participates in E-Verify. The Office of Human Resources is located on the Wadley Campus, room 231, of the Administrative Building.