Head Women's Softball Coach/Advisor
SOUTHERN UNION STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Is accepting online applications for the following position.
Head Women's Softball Coach /Advisor
The Head Women’s Softball Coach/Advisor will be responsible for promoting and coaching the Softball program for the College. Provide quality coaching and instruction to students participating in this program; develop, implement, and teach related Softball program curriculum; enforce safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students. Plan, direct, and coach an intercollegiate Softball program that develops each student athlete’s fullest potential while being regionally competitive and ethically run; ensure NJCAA rules and regulation compliance; recruit student athletes who can achieve academic and athletic success; and assist student athletes in realizing individual and team goals. This position also provides guidance with academic advising for student athletes and other students of the college.
Salary: Appropriate placement on the Alabama Community College System Salary Schedule C3-2: (Salary range: $44,662 - $93,754)
Benefits: Full time employees are entitled to the College’s benefit package to include: PEEHIP, retirement, leave (annual, sick, and personal), etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective Softball program.
- Responsible for the recruitment of quality prospective student athletes.
- Enforce safety regulations and procedures through supervision of students involved in the program.
- Continuously work to ensure the ongoing eligibility of the athletes and monitor their academic progress.
- Supervise work-out sessions, team practices, and competition activities.
- Assist in scheduling team activities including a competition schedule, arranging for officials for the sporting events, team travel, accommodations, and meals.
- Provide ongoing oversight of student athlete’s conduct both on and off the field.
- Assist with conflict resolution.
- Provide guidance with campus processes such as academic advising, registration, financial aid, and residential life.
- Assist with the development of positive interpersonal relationships including campus integration with other students and faculty.
- Manage inventory of and care for athletic equipment, uniforms, and supplies.
- Work with Athletic Director in developing the Softball program annual budget, monitor expenditures including allocation of scholarships.
- Comply with Southern Union, NJCAA, and ACCS policies and procedures regarding rules and regulations.
- Commit to working effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Represent the athletic department as a positive role model for student athletes.
- Represent the institution in a professional and positive manner.
- Work non-standard hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Perform other duties as requested by appropriate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Softball coaching experience in higher education is required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a complete application packet through the ONLINE application system by the deadline date in order to be considered for the position. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Application materials may not be submitted by fax or email. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified.
A complete application packet consists of:
- Completed Southern Union State Community College ONLINE employment application
- Current resume
- List of three (3) references
- Transcript of college work verifying degree requirement; must include degree awarded and date confirmed (Unofficial transcripts will be accepted before the deadline, but official transcripts must be received if employed.)
Please note: Applicants must provide documentation of the required work experience if an offer is made. All submitted application materials becomes the property of the College. Requests for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied.
Correspondence regarding positions (i.e. scheduled interview appointment, position filled announcement) will be sent to applicants through the email address used on the applicant’s NEOED account. Applicants are required to monitor their e-mail account for additional information regarding this current applied for position.
In accordance with the Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a non-refundable minimum payment of $24.40 for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Southern Union also participates in E-verify.
It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal or state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment.
Southern Union State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Southern Union State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and travel at their own expense. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
For more information and to apply please click the APPLY!