Nursing InstructorsSouthern Union State Community College
Southern Union State Community College is accepting online applications for: Nursing Instructors
Essential Job Functions
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Planning, organizing and instructing coursework.
- Working with the Dean to development, implement and evaluate curriculum.
- Preparing and maintaining current syllabus for the teaching area.
- Selecting textbooks and teaching materials in cooperation with colleagues.
- Using a method of instruction appropriate to the type of learning required.
- Instructing students using interactive techniques including lecture, demonstration, clinical or lab supervision.
- Providing academic and career counseling to students and promote student leadership and enrichment experiences.
- Developing appropriate tests or other tools for student evaluation.
- Designing and administering evaluations for grade determination each semester.
- Developing and delivering web-based instruction.
- Computing student grades and reporting to Admissions office.
- Maintain appropriate work hours
- Assume other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by appropriate personnel
- Master's Degree with 18 graduate semester or 27 graduate quarter hours in Nursing is required.
- Unencumbered Alabama registered nursing license is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience is required.
- Ability to work in fast-paced team setting is required.
- Demonstration of excellent oral and written communication skills is required.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
- Experience using a course management system, such as Canvas and/or Blackboard is preferred.
SUSCC is an EOE. Southern Union State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age or any other protected class as defined by federal or state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Southern Union State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Southern Union also participates in E-Verify. The Office of Human Resources is located on the Wadley Campus, room 231, of the Administrative Building.