Substance Abuse Treatment Program ManagerVolunteers of American Southeast, Inc.
Program Manager needed for managing the daily operation of a substance abuse treatment program in Cuthbert, GA.
Position requires a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution, must be a Certified Addition Counselor Level II by the Georgia Addiction Counselors Association, one year supervisory experience and five years working with chemically dependent individuals.
General Job Duties (this is not specific to this job posting):
Substance abuse directors are administrators and qualified mental health professionals who work in public and private substance abuse treatment centers and hospitals.
They may have various titles, such as program director, clinical director or supervisor, but their function is essentially the same:
- To oversee the operation of their program or agency and handle administrative issues.
- Substance abuse directors spend a large amount of their time performing administrative duties.
- Part of this job involves oversight to ensure the facility meets certain standards. For example, substance abuse treatment centers that receive federal or state funding must be certified, accredited or licensed by an organization approved by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
- Substance abuse directors need to ensure that their program or facility is adhering to SAMHSA standards and regulations.
- Additionally, substance abuse directors might be responsible for applying for grants, securing additional sources of funding, ensuring compliance with insurance regulations, hiring and overseeing staff, conducting staff meetings and performing additional tasks that can vary by setting.
- Clinical In some cases, substance abuse directors also provide clinical supervision of substance abuse treatment professionals.
- Clinical supervision involves discussing specific cases, problems and treatment interventions with staff members on an individual or group basis.
- Many facilities have clinical supervisors whose sole focus is on supervision, but smaller agencies might require substance abuse directors to perform this role.
- They might also assign cases to staff, sign off on treatment or discharge plans or review patient charts.
EOE/Drug Free Workplace/E-Verify.