WavCom, a telecommunication company in Waverly Hall, Georgia, is seeking a Network Technician for immediate hire.
Responsibilities will include supporting various components of the communications network including but not limited to installation and maintenance of voice, video and data services, over copper/fiber optic (Fiber to the Home), and fixed wireless networks.
- Provides customer IT & Networking Support
- Provides on-call support and responds to service affecting outages and emergency situations.
- Coordinates with customer service on service installations, changes (updates) to plant facilities (records) and billing
- Provides customer service and support by sharing technical knowledge and expertise, answering questions and consulting with customers.
- Supports, assists with marketing campaigns and meeting sales goals
- Supports Company through use of products and services and promotes (educates) community on products and services
- Locating buried facilities (cable locates)
- Meaningful working experience with the following; Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH), DSL, fixed wireless technologies, and IP based telecommunications.
- Understanding of wiring and installations standards for equipment in a carrier environment.
- Basic understanding of IP protocol, routing, and switching.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills and computer skills required along with the ability to manage a multiple of tasks in a team-oriented environment.
- Professional appearance, good customer service skills including verbal communication
- Able to climb ladders, radio towers, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in inclement weather.
- Self-Motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Successful applicant must pass a drug screening
- Valid GA Driver's license